The Specialist 2, Accounts Payable is responsible for the payable accounting of small to medium sites in scope of the Intercompany Center of Excellence team in compliance with appropriate internal controls, related Sarbanes Oxley policy and Emerson Company Policies and Procedures.
The role also requires performing end to end accounts payable tasks such as invoice processing, issue resolution, reports and reconciliation, internal/external audit support and intercompany netting payments selection. He/She also provides input in the creation of functional training for the team.
Duty 1: Issue/Exception Items Resolution
Exception Items Resolution
• Researches, investigates and gather information to clear disputed invoices
• Coordinate with buyers/vendors to educate proper handling of disputes identified.
• Follow up and chase Buyers, BU Approvers per Delegation of Authority, Site Finance, Suppliers, to accept and approve variances analyzed; issue credit note, or debit note to correct the discrepancies. (Validates developed system/tool)
• Analyzes and evaluates progress of measures, provides recommendations, and escalates disputed items to the next level of support
• Matches off aged unvouchered purchase orders as instructed by the counterparts
• Compare unvouchered report vs ledger and investigate/resolve discrepancies
• Provides recommendation for their go- or no-go decision to pay the invoice/ issue a credit note/debit note
• Troubleshoot and resolves disputes encountered on invoice and recommends adjusting entries to resolve.
• Proposes adjusting entry for posting
• Monitors waiting for goods receipt of invoices received
• Provides Internal Control Inputs and progress of items highlighted/raised
• Performs impact analysis; Implements approved recommendation on impact analysis results
• Evaluates and decides which request goes to backlog for follow-up or for zero-off approval
• Analyze, verify, and evaluate escalations to assists colleagues in answering general escalations from peers
Invoice Deletion/ Release of on Hold items
• Analyze sources of discrepancies and provides resolutions
• Coordinates issues with intercompany vendors and buyers
• Coordinate with buyers/vendors to educate proper handling of disputes identified
• Decides and approves whether an exception item can be released and/or voided
• Analyze and recommends ways to reduce errors
Duty 2: Report and Reconciliation
Accounts Payable Reports
• Prepares Exception Items reports (Logged/Debit Balances/AP Supervisor Items)/GRNI or Unvouched reports/AP Open Items that relates to Intercompany and send to counterparts
• Analyze sources of discrepancies and resolves Quick Invoices rejected invoices
• Troubleshoot and fix minor problems related to hold issues with the system. Such as minor issues, typo errors, simple coding errors, etc
• Prepares status reports of unprocessed invoices after processing cut-off
• Records and submits periodic and/or quarterly transaction records, log sheets and/or trackers.
AP to GL Reconciliation
• Download data from system tool
• Clears the dashboard, analyzes and resolves differences between subledger and ledger
Goods in Transit Preparation/Intercompany Reporting
• Prepares Goods in Transit journal entries
• Reconciles intercompany SOA vs ledger. Analyze balances and calculate inventoriable and non-inventoriable items and recommend appropriate entries to post
• Resolves intercompany imbalances, prepare and propose journal adjustments to fix
• Sends balance confirmation to intercompany vendors
Intercompany Statement Reconciliation
• Reconciles statement balances vs ledger, requests copies of missing invoices, provides invoice status and settles
reconciling items with Accounts Receivable team
Accounts Payable Revaluation (JDE sites)
• Identify discrepancies on revaluation and propose adjustments.
• Reviews and analyzes requirements and approvals needed. Provides recommendations
Duty 3: Invoice Processing
• Validate approval, completeness and correctness of invoice details
• Identify required invoice details for countries with specific statutory requirements.
• Process intercompany invoices in the system either by using cost center provided or by matching invoices with appropriate purchase orders receipts.
– Performs data validation/ verification to achieve SOP on data consistency
– Validates and checks purchase order requirements for correctness and applicability (2-way, 3-way, 4-way match)
• Enters scanned link in the Oracle and updates invoice details in database (Europe and MEA)
• Uploads paper invoices in database received via electronic mail
• Follow non-standard corrective actions (investigate and correct specific line item, apply approved credit note or debit note, etc.) based on the resolution provided by resolvers and site owners on issues escalated/resolution of aged items.
• Perform Automatic Invoice Matching (AIM) Process (APAC)
– Analyzes gathered information & data using descriptive analytics (basic mathematics & comparative analysis)
– Download exception reports for AIMS Success Rate Report and Manual Interface Issue.
Duty 4: Intercompany Netting Selection
Accounts Payable Netting
• Performs intercompany netting selection from batch creation to upload
• Checks completeness of payment batch selected.
• Sends remittance advices to intercompany vendors
• Enters additional netting transfers as instructed by Accounts Receivable team
• Investigates and corrects intercompany netting adjustments as identified by Accounts Receivable team
Duty 5: Audit
• Prepares and provides supporting documents for audit requirements
• Provide basic support (perform background check, audit trail of transactions, entries, coordination with other point of
contacts, etc.) on issues such as user contact & issue communication trail.
Duty 6: Training and Development
• Regularly conducts refresher trainings for the site handled
• Provides work instructions and guidance to the processing team
• Ensures process documents and work instructions are up to date
The job requires extended working hours and accountability for an accurate and timely submission of deliverables which may fall on weekends or Philippine holidays.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related degree
Job Related Experience: At least 3 years related working experience in Intercompany Accounts Payable, 1 year of which in reconciliation and Analysis
• Practical knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning applications (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP and any other accounting software)
• Proficient in MS Office Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint preferably with Sharepoint and outlook background)
• Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Financial Accounting Standard Board regulation
• Good communication skills (written and verbal)
• Detail oriented
• Analytical Skills
• Organizing skills
• Time/work management
• Good customer facing skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving