Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a global player in Ro/Ro deep sea transportation services and operates the greenest fleet in this segment. The company owns and operates approx. 40 Pure Car and Truck Carriers (PCTCs) in global trade systems, making around 3,000 port calls yearly. This organization is a people-driven company with the belief that businesses should not only be forming lasting services but also lasting careers. This job is on a temporary work-from-home setup with office based in Makati City.
You are a dedicated IT Back-end Developer with hands-on experience in back-end development and strong background in Java. You have the ability to transform a dated stack into something automated, modern, containerized and potentially serverless. You understand why microservices and UNIX principles are important. Your core not only burns for Java as you are also interested to learn other programming languages.
In this role, you will participate in all aspects of product development and work with requirements and coding them into microservices together with a highly skilled and transformative team that works in an agile and lean manner. You will drive awareness and importance of clean code and you are no stranger to common programming patterns. You may be familiar with cloud development and may know what it takes to structure software components and dependencies into one that is cloud native. You may have delivered APIs that are stateless and idempotent and runs on immutable infrastructure.
Key Job responsibilities include:
- Develop APIs using lean Java stack for optimal scalability and reliability
- Server-side coding and debugging with Java and SQL databases
- Participate in a Scrum process and in cooperation with the team, the end result is tested in establishing regression and launched to production – the goal is to ascertain feedback immediately and to continuously improve.
- Scalability and performance optimization
- Unit and integration test automation
- Contribute and adhere to quality control coding standards and best practices
- Third line support and defect correction
- Participate in API creation and RESTful services implementation
- Monitor the build, test and other software quality-oriented status during the CI/CD pipeline
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent technical qualification
- Practical Back-end development and deployment experience
- Worked with either Springboot, Dropwizard, micronaut.io
- Hands-on experience with automated testing and writing good maintainable tests
- Experience with Java and PL/SQL Coding
- Track record of successfully establishing standards for coding, building and deployment
- Understand HTTP and other typical web standards
- Knowledge and experience in designing APIs RESTful services and message-based systems
- Worked with CI/CD tooling and methods
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and in a team environment
- Must be willing to work for 15-months fixed-term employment
Nice To Have
- Familiarity and experience with some NoSQL technologies
- Worked with J2EE and knowing all the pitfalls
- DevOps interests and experience with Docker