Primary Details Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
- Investigate and resolve all types of claims in a technically excellent manner ensuring they are settled at optimum costs.
- Ensure that claims are calculated correctly.
- Identify and investigate coverage issues so as to ensure that the Company’s liability is in line with its contractual commitments.
- Manage disputed claims and other material claims issues in order to resolve as quickly and economically as possible.
- Ensure claims files are compiled and maintained in a logical and accessible manner and that coverage and/or other claims issues are clearly documented at all times.
- Assist with audit and peer reviews
- Assist with technical projects
- Ensure that claims handling and correspondence are responded to within agreed timeframes to provide a professional service to clients
- Ensure all suspicious and fraudulent activities/claims are reported to supervisor
Positive customer feedback
- Satisfactory results from internal claims audit through the weekly reporting procedure and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Savings on Claims achieved.
- Timely production of reports and ad-hoc tasks.
- Positive feedback from clients, internal customers and Management.
- Relevant and accurate information and reports.
- Meeting Quality Assurance Standards.
- Timeliness and accuracy in reporting of fraudulent and suspicious activities
- Basic knowledge of the Insurance Business is required
- Broad knowledge of Customer Service
- Good Level of Theoretical motor vehicle technical knowledge (gained in a mechanical role or warranty role) is required.
- High Level of Practical motor vehicle mechanical experience (gained in a Dealership – Service & Repair) is required.
- Knowledge of Motor Insurance (Road Risk) is required
- Knowledge of Body Repairs is required
- Must be familiar with all Motor vehicle Spare Parts is required
- Negotiation skills
- Proficiency in MS tools
- Customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Well developed inter-personal skills
- Problem solving and decision making capability
- Presentation skills for external and internal clients
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Interpersonal skill including conflict resolution
- Assess, deny and/or admit liability of claims
- Settling payments as per promised time
- Answer calls in queue
- Preferably with a degree in line with Automotive or engine related courses.
- Relevant Automotive Mechanical industry qualification is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a technical mechanical motor vehicle role is required.
- Work experience in extended warranty claims environment is desirable.
- Basic Automotive Mechanic or Trouble shooting skills.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click ‘Apply’ and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.