Desktop Support Associate Technician
This is an entry-level position into the information technology field. This position provides technical end-user support to desktop systems, workstation setup and configuration, and routine tasks such as software/hardware upgrades. Resolves reported desktop problems related to hardware, operating systems and configuration issues through troubleshooting and research. This position requires excellent customer interaction skills both verbally and orally.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, maintain, trouble-shoot PC hardware and software and provide user level technical support on applications and off the shelf Microsoft products.
- Follow stepped procedures for a variety of repetitive upgrade situations.
- Perform administrative functions and inventory control as required.
- Monitor trouble tickets system and respond to all trouble reports within established goals.
- Keep the Desktop Support Senior Technician informed of all changes, hardware and software failures, and operational issues.
- Understand and enforce policies and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Complete assigned work orders by due date within established goals.
- Graduate of Two-year diploma or Associates degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering courses.
- Entry level experience in PC hardware and software setup, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and maintenance, or relevant technical degree from an accredited college, university or technical certification.
- Strong understanding of various Windows operating systems and basic TCP/IP network trouble-shooting skills are required.
- Strong customer focus and positive attitude will be necessary for success.
- Must be able to work well unsupervised and as part of a cohesive team.
- Has the desire to gain knowledge, experience, and certification in the operating systems and technologies currently used.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing fast paced environment and work rotating shifts including nights and weekends.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills, customer-friendly attitude and the ability to work in a team environment.
What You Can Expect:
- Dedication to your career growth and professional development
- Actively diverse and inclusive culture
- Community-minded organization committed to giving back
- Global team of curious lifelong learners guided by our company values
- And yes… all the competitive compensation, performance bonus opportunities, benefits you’d expect and maybe a few that would pleasantly surprise you
TTEC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. TTEC embraces and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce that respects and empowers the cultures and perspectives within our global teams. We strive to reflect the communities we serve, by not only delivering amazing service and technology, but also humanity. We make it a point to make sure all our employees feel valued, belonging and comfortable being their authentic selves at work. As a global company, we know diversity is our strength because it enables us to view things from different vantage points and every individual to bring value to the table in their own unique way. But don’t take our word for it, check out some of the diversity and women in leadership awards on TTECjobs.com. For more information about TTEC, visit ttecjobs.com or search #ExperienceTTEC throughout social media to engage in the global conversation.
Notice to external Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies: TTEC does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this web site or directly to any employee. TTEC, and any of our subsidiaries, will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with TTEC