The Team Lead, General Ledger position exist for the purpose of managing the daily operations of assigned team, influence, motivate and guide direct reports to their optimum performance. This role is expected to develop process improvements and innovation projects through infusion of ideas that are better or unique, introduce new ways of looking at problems and putting creative idea into practice that will improve team productivity and efficiency.
Duty 1: Functional Expertise
• Acts as back-up if volume is high
• Trains new hires and ensures that they have sufficient knowledge and skills before going live or performing thier work alone/independently.
• Initiates and develop process improvements.
• Escalates and investigates aged items to POCs and Regional Accountants for bank reconciliation, fixed assets, intercompany receivables and other team metrics.
• Performs reviews of bank reconciliation, fixed assets, and other balance sheets schedules and reconciliation.
• Month-end activities (P&L allocation, balance sheet allocation, Dashboard clearing, revaluation)
• Provide schedules, supporting documents, answer queries, proposed adjustments to auditors
• Deletion/Write off minor amounts.
Duty 2: Customer Satisfaction
• Generates reports based on team deliverables and present to management and counterparts
• Escalates specific issues and provides recommendations to customers to address them
• Assists direct reports in resolution of escalations on the area of specific support
• Identifies problems, analyzes trends and implements corrective and preventive actions using quality tools
• Schedules, coordinates and facilitates customer communication
• Works closely with counterparts/POCs to identify loopholes and process gaps
• Support projects related to quality improvement (such as Think Customer, QMS, etc.) and handles ad hoc tasks to support the objectives of the management
• Participates in business conference calls
Duty 3: Internal Operations Management
• Ensures the Service Level Agreements are on target
• Leads goal-setting review to ensure challenging and stretched goals and assignments for the team in support of the overall business.
• Accountable for the on-time and proper recruitment to fill job vacancies to ensure service levels and appropriate staffing are carried on (business continuity)
• Submits period reports on metrics/KPIs/Dashboards to determine performance against SLAs of the team
• Performs staffing projection complementing work volume growth and forecast and make necessary proposal to business units
• Monitors schedules of employees to ensure proper shift coverage
• Plans, assigns and directs work to the employees in cooperation with the supervisor or manager to manage workload projects
• Analyzes, explains and addresses variances between current and target performance
• Implements policies on the filing, documenting and approval of time and attendance administration
• Identifies and documents changes in the roles, responsibilities, accountabilities and work load of employees to properly determine volume headcount ration, work scope
Duty 4: Staff Management and Development
• Evaluates individual performance and conducts discussions to keep everyone on track
• Performs regular coaching to enhance the performances o staff and encourage participation in decision making
• Adheres to the regularization, performance appraisal, quarterly performance appraisal, rewards and recognition and other people related policies and guidelines
• Determines employees' capabilities and improvement areas
• Identifies functional/behavioral training & development needs of employees to support team goals and objectives
• Completes individual development plans of employees based on the company guidelines and implements agreed training/development activities
• Plans, organizes and coordinates team activities to enhance team camaraderie and employee engagement
• Monitors adherence to the ethics and code of conduct and implements disciplinary action in compliance with requirement for due process
Duty 5: Internal Communication
• Understands and seeks critical information and data needed by the team
• Communicates policies, programs and decisions that affect employees
• Uses effective communication tools like flow charts, process flows, diagrams, etc. to effectively communicate products, processes, business and team performance, and others
• Conducts team meetings to address issues and concerns, escalations, improve processes and others
• Collaborates and networks with other leads to complete assigned projects and programs
• Keeps management informed and updated on matters affecting their team morale and performance
The job requires extended working hours and accountability for an accurate and timely submission of deliverables which may fall on weekends or Philippine holidays.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy or any Accounting related course
Job Related Experience:
6 years working experience, 4 years of which should be in Accounts Receivable and General Accounting including cash allocation and account reconciliation, payroll, and other HR related accounting requirements.
• General knowledge of the support Enterprise Resource Planning applications (Oracle, JD Edwards, SAP and any other accounting software)
• High competence in usage of MS Outlook and MS Office Applications (MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint preferably with Sharepoint and outlook background)
• Knowledge in various software applications such as: SharePoint, MS Access
• Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Standards
• Above average communication skills (written and written) and excellent telephone skills
• People and results-oriented
• Experience working with several levels within an organization, from frontline up to the senior management
• A team player, with a positive attitude
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• A strong desire to lead and generally positive outlook in life
• Understand manufacturing processes/capabilities/flexibility, including sub suppliers
• Understanding of applicable business processes and tools such as, but not limited to JDE, Oracle, SAP, etc…
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to maintain a positive working relationship
• Ability to guide, mentor, motivate, and coach team to achieve goals.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or oracle form.