Head of Office Consultant
The Head of Office Consultant will build our Philippines operations from the ground up. First year goals include establishing a country-level strategic plan, office processes, volunteer recruitment, case management, and partner engagement activities. The Consultant will work closely with regional colleagues in Singapore and Hong Kong on case support, while driving local work. This position is perfect for experienced professionals looking to build an operation from scratch and make it their own.
Priority work in the first year will focus on:
1) Establishing the JWB Philippines office—Developing and executing an office startup plan. Includes pursuing incorporation, establishing a local office + administrative processes, and recruiting volunteers.
2) Cross-border case support—The Consultant will work closely with JWB Hong Kong and Singapore colleagues to establish on-the-ground case support for Filipinos who have returned home with claims while working abroad.
3) Strengthening partner engagement—Establish an engagement plan that can secure NGO, law firm, and government cooperation on our cross-border work. The first year will focus on strengthening existing relationships and assessing partners’ capacity development needs.
4) Donor development—assist the Executive Director in identifying funders who focus on the Philippines.
TERMS OF WORK
Duration: The position would begin upon hiring. The initial contract would last for 12 months. This period will include a trial period of 3 months. Contract renewal is possible.
Weekly hours: Full-time, some overtime may be necessary.
Remuneration: 58,500-87,500 PHP per month, based on qualifications and experience.
Candidates should have the following qualifications:
• Based in and eligible to work in Manila
• Minimum 5+ years’ experience in the NGO, legal, or development sectors
• Relevant experience in migrant worker issues or related fields
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s Degree preferred. Legal degree and background welcome but not required. (LLB, JD, LLM, etc)
• High fluency in English, with strong writing, communications and presentation skills
• Native/near native Tagalog speaker
Success in the position would require:
• Being responsive, on top of projects and following up proactively to move things forward
• Comfortable working in start-ups and/or low structure environments
• Collaborative, working well in an intercultural environment
• Self-directed and able to follow through on tasks and responsibilities independently
• Have experience managing extensive, longer-term projects
Candidates who have the following preferred qualifications are strongly encouraged to apply:
• Capacity building experience and/or experience in the development field
• Pro bono legal experience or previous legal experience.
• Experience in an international NGO or other international organization, whether in the Philippines or abroad.