The HRBP Support is responsible for:
- Participates in execution of a department or functional strategy; develops approaches and/or processes to accomplish goals
- Functions as a key contributor with demonstrated knowledge of area of specialization as well as broader functional knowledge
- Delivering HR reports and analysis that provide business insights to the Corporate Centers and LOBs.
- Providing knowledge of HR operations, policies and processes and to act as an intermediary with other HR teams.
- Focusing on bringing consistency and efficiency to our local, regional and global processes.
- Project management.
Key responsibilities include:
- General Support – Advise managers, employees and aligned HRBPs on general queries relating to HR reports and provide support to HR Business Partners where required.
- Reporting and Data Analysis – Reporting and data analysis, including people and diversity metrics, demographics, attrition, and ad hoc reporting. Participate / Lead any systems review designed to optimize data collection and reporting. Act as reports escalation point for the HR Business Partners where required.
- Re-engineering – Participate in process re-engineering and cost-saving projects, as well as support key HR initiatives such as the employee opinion survey and business divestitures.
- Performance Evaluation and Compensation – Assist aligned HR Business Partners and managers (if applicable) on the annual performance and compensation cycle. Prepare documents for talent reviews and calibration sessions.
- Infrastructure and Solutions Support – utilize existing resources (e.g. SharePoint, etc.) to enhance and/or automate service delivery.
- Research – Facilitate HR Business Partners in developing presentations and content for management meetings and strategic people discussions as needed.
- Risk/ Controls – observes risk and control policies and practices, anticipates and escalates risk matters promptly, and appropriately engages HRBPs, managers, Employee Relations (‘ER’), Corporate Compliance, EAP, Legal or other firm-wide groups as required.
- Policy, Procedure & Self Service Promotion – ensures policies, procedures and/ or organizational requirements have been followed; helps train HR and clients on use of HR tools and resources; promotes self-service where appropriate.
JPMorgan Chase is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge and experience in Project Management and/or Lean & Six Sigma preferred (i.e. DMAIC, PDCA, 7QC, VSM, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources Management and/or equivalent Human Resources experience preferred.
- At least five years of experience as a Business Analyst, HR Generalist or other HR-related and/or analytics discipline preferred.
Professional and Technical Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective presentation skills
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and System savvy
- Keen knowledge in operational dashboards, business information platforms and data management preferred (i.e. BOEXI, Crystal Reports, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of HR systems preferred (i.e. PeopleSoft, etc.).
- Knowledge and understanding of programming languages and applications preferred (i.e. Visual Basic for Applications (VBA), Structured Query Language (SQL), Hypertext Markup Language (HTML), etc.).Business or Data degree concentration
- Six Sigma or Root Cause analytics experience
- Operational business knowledge of processes, data and technology platforms
- Basic to intermediate to advanced knowledge of basic query writing and execution using SQL or other data analysis tools
- Basic problem solving and analytical skills
- Responsive and accessible to clients
- Exhibits a strong understanding of a client’s business and actively seeks input to anticipate client needs and effectively meets or exceeds them
- Collaborates effectively with colleagues
- Listens to understand various points of view whether or not she/he agrees
- Able to influence stakeholders and feel comfortable with ambiguity.
- Client-service focused team player who operates with a sense of urgency and professionalism (imbibes the firm’s values on integrity, excellence, respect, innovation and have a strong sense of maintaining confidentiality). Knows when to escalate matters for appropriate resolution.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills; identify issues and trends, develop solutions and/or recommendations to address root cause and mitigate risk to the firm.
- Solution orientated with high levels of initiative
- Strong decision making and critical thinking skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong flexibility/adaptability
- Excellent organization and attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Ability to work flexible hours on a mid-shift.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We’re proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions – all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.
Everything we do as a firm hinges on our ability to hire, empower and retain the best people. Human Resources plays an integral role in designing, implementing and managing people strategies, using the latest in data analytics and technology to deliver industry-leading services. This includes Talent Acquisition, Training, Talent Development, Career Management, Diversity, Compensation & Benefits, Employee Relations, Technology, Finance and HR Service Delivery.