Careers that Change Lives
Together, we will change healthcare worldwide. Join us in our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life worldwide. Let’s work together to address the universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives, optimize costs and efficiencies, and expand global access. Together, we can make a real difference in the global disparity in care. By providing quality care at the lowest possible cost, we will succeed as a company, and take the future of healthcare Further, Together.
At AskHR in Medtronic, our goal is to provide a best-in-class employee experience, providing a standard level of care to our customers and drive operational excellence. We are the first point of contact for employees and managers to receive solutions and answers to their HR related questions and manage a Hire to Retire HR processes whilst collaborating with various team within and outside HR function. The APAC ASK HR center supports 14 countries in APAC and supports 7 key languages: English, Thai, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, Bahasa, Mandarin.
A Day in the Life
This is an exciting time to join the APAC ASK HR Team as we embark on a HRSS transformation journey.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with regional and global members of the ASK HR centers, HR Centers of Expertise and HR Business Partners to ensure optimum operation of HR applications and services. You are encouraged to proactively learn and support the adoption of Lean culture. You will be coach to identify, resolve and/or escalate as appropriate problems that arise using A3 DMAIC process to identify root cause of issues and implement solutions. You are encouraged to gain in-depth understanding of processes and can correlate policies, legislations and tools into your day to day operational activities.
Be curious, ask why, find the how, consult and you’ll find that you are learning through finding solutions to problems.
Key highlights of the day to day responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the execution of a range of HR processes within the HR Shared Service Centre which includes but not limited to: onboarding/off-boarding administration, execute WD Business process as captured in the service delivery catalogue, employee document management, benefits and employee queries, support for mobility processes and collaborate with the vendor on work pass administration.
- Work closely with payroll and HR Business Operations on data and process execution and data governance
- You will build strong partnership within the team, HR COE & HRBP as well as with other support functions such as IT, Finance etc. in relation to delivering the Hire to Retire processes.
- Provide support to all employees and managers across APAC on HR processes with a consistent and standardized approach. Support the Employee Self-Service and Manager Self-Service culture through appropriate self-service support
- Actively identifies improvement and effectively escalate issues as necessary
- Timely escalation of issues and proactively support in mitigating operational risks
- You will adhere to our operational excellence standards and provide best in class HR Service Delivery
- You will have ownership for excellent end-end to handling of the case and processes
- Handle cases and data with accuracy, care, sensitivity and with utmost confidentiality
- Perform transactional and administrative task and documentation within the scope ASK HR Service Delivery Catalogue
- Perform check and balance, ensuring accuracy and completeness of data on all transactional and documentation tasks
- You can work in ambiguous situation where the task at hand may not be clear but with guidance and working together as a team, you take ownership and/or contribute on making things better
- You will contribute on building the knowledge-based article, work instruction and other centralized information (i.e. FAQ)
- Collaborate with the HR COE, process management team and HR Business Operations Team on delivering a fully integrated service delivery experience to our customers
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s Degree level in Human Resources or other discipline and desirably with at least 2-3 yrs. of relevant experience in the HR Shared Services environment.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn new technologies, processes and information to perform your job.
- Good at problem solving and identifying the root cause of the case or issue and able to navigate in a complex structure with a goal to effectively and efficiently resolve the case.
- Possess passion to provide a meaningful customer experience and make a difference.
- Experience in using these tools will be helpful but we will also provide training: ServiceNow Case Management, Workday, Taleo
- Fluent in English
Together with the Team Members you will embed operational excellence and adherence to standardized work and procedure. You will proactively support the adoption of Lean culture. You will be responsible to adherence quality of service and meet or exceed goals and Key Performance Metrics.
We greatly value our people and we promote and support a positive and inclusive team environment where respect to individual thoughts is valued.
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations – but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let’s work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients’ lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Feb 25, 2022
- Travel: No