Position at MediaCom
As Media Director, you will take the lead in developing the media and communications strategies for various brands. You will implement MediaCom’s communications planning process and will apply MediaCom’s proprietary tools, systems and research data in effectively addressesing the brand objectives and requirements.
3 best things about the job:
- Exposure to the various disciplines of digital media advertising – from strategy and planning to implementation and analytics
- Opportunity to handle the country’s top companies and brands
- Being part of an organization that promotes excellence through mentoring and talent development programs while maintaining an environment of fun and camaraderie
Measures of Success:
In 3 to 6 months, you should have established a clear understanding of the client’s business and the specific agency deliverables for the accounts assigned to you.
What your day job looks like at MediaCom:
A Media Director handles specific brands and performs the following tasks:
- Drives application of MediaCom’s internal systems and processes in the preparation of client requirements
- Leads the preparation & presentation of Annual Communications Plans and Reviews with minimal supervision of the Deputy Managing Director
- Works with Communication Planners in preparation of strategic communication response to business issues and challenges based on the client’s brief
- Recommends media platforms and investment level based on client’s objective and strategic directions
- Seeks, recommends and evaluates media innovations and test initiatives to address business objectives and needs
- Identifies learnings and creates best practices for both the internal team and client
- Manages brand’s media budget (annual, monthly and per campaign budget)
- Leads in various client engagements and interactions
- Manages and ensures timely submission of accurate and complete reports and other brand deliverables
- Oversees internal reporting and internal processes specific to the accounts handled
- Works with internal specialist teams on the team’s campaign deliverables
- Leads and mentors team to help develop and improve their strategic thinking skills and operational discipline
- Supports the Deputy Managing Director in growth and development plans for the team
What you’ll bring:
- Solid understanding of offline and online media
- Strong analytical and number skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for learning and openness to new challenges
- Project management skills, good at multi-tasking and organization
- Self-starter attitude
- Team player mindset
- Time management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence and a can-do/positive attitude
- High level of accountability and integrity
Graduate of a Business, Marketing or Research-related course: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, Marketing Management, Advertising, Economics, Communication Research, Communication Arts, etc.
At least 8-10 years of work experience with at least 1 year team management experience in a media agency or marketing/advertising/brand management/research-related field
We believe in People First, Better Results.
MediaCom unleashes brands’ growth by helping them See the Bigger Picture. This means that we apply our unique ‘Systems Thinking’ philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
As part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing communications services group, and GroupM, WPP’s consolidated media investment management arm, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
Our success is underpinned by our long-standing ‘People First, Better Results’ belief. We know that by investing in our people’s whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities, we will help grow our clients’ businesses.
In 2020 this approach led MediaCom to be crowned Global Media Network of the Year by Eurobest and Festival of Media Global, in addition to being the most awarded agency at the WARC Media Awards.
MediaCom is one of the world’s leading media communications specialists, with billings of US$17.6 billion (Source: COMvergence, 2020), employing 8,000 people in 125 offices across 100 countries. Its global client roster includes adidas, Coca-Cola (TCCC), Dell, Groupe PSA, Hasbro, Mars, NBC Universal, P&G, Richemont, Shell, Sony, Uber and Walgreens Boots Alliance.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here:
About the Philippines
In recent years, the Philippines has emerged as one of the fastest growing economies in Southeast Asia. Al-Jazeera noted the market demonstrating “an unprecedented period of macro-economic buoyancy and political stability”, spurring both domestic and international business growth. It is also one of the largest and fastest growing digital markets in Southeast Asia, with growth expecting to increase exponentially in the next few years.
With a population of 109.5 million, 59.2% of these currently have access to the internet. By 2022, the Philippines’ internet population is forecasted to be 73%. Coupled with the Philippines’ vibrant economic growth and the expansion of its digital footprint, GroupM Philippines is well-positioned as an exciting and innovative organization for media players and talent to be.
GroupM is an equal opportunity employer. We view everyone as an individual and we understand that inclusion is more than just diversity – it’s about belonging. We celebrate the fact that everyone is unique and that’s what makes us so good at what we do. We pride ourselves on being a company that embraces difference and truly represents the global clients we work with.