Employment Type: Full-time
Working Arrangement: Remote
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 10AM to 7PM (inclusive of 1-hour lunch break)
Team Size: 17 (Software Engineers, UI/UX Designers, Product Managers)
Ongoing Project: ERP/CRM For Fast-growing Education Company
Do you have a not-so-secret love for developing mobile apps using React Native? Do you have a sharp eye for decomposing complex problems and an innate gift for writing elegant code?
If you like the idea of spending your time meaningfully on cool edtech projects & NOT refactoring buggy, legacy code, you might be the next teammate that we’re looking for.
About The Company
Our team is on a mission to create the best learning experience when it comes to Science tuition.
Over the past decade, we’re constantly pushing back against traditional teaching practices that no longer work as well in this day and age. Lessons at The Pique Lab are designed based on pedagogical research, data-driven methodologies and has a purpose: they infuse plenty of joy in learning, shorten learning curves and help students develop a genuine appreciation for Science.
Our team operates in an open, fast-paced, flat environment where every team member is known for their competencies & skills, rather than their job titles.
About The Opportunity
Your mission is to use the power of code to solve complex business problems, so that our users can focus their time & energy on things that matter.
Reporting to the VP Engineering, you’ll be participating in heads-on mobile development where you’ll spend a bulk of your developing, testing and deploying dynamic solutions. You’ll be working closely with our team of software engineers, product managers, testers and user experience designers.
If you’re someone who care about progressive engineering practices, appreciates autonomy in your work tasks & enjoy collaborating with different stakeholders in the product development process, we’d love to hear from you!
We work with a lot of exciting technology:
- React, Typescript, SASS, Redux for frontend work.
- Node.js, GraphQL for our service code.
- MongoDB, ElasticSearch for storage and indexing.
- Kubernetes, Docker and Github Actions for continuous integration and delivery.
- Google Cloud for underlying infrastructure.
- Puppeteer, Playwright & Selenium for testing.
What’s In It For You To Join Us?
#1: Never A Dull Day With Us
From decomposing complex problems to designing solutions that are easy-to-maintain, flexible, scalable, this role is perfect for tech enthusiasts for who appreciate diversity in their role.
Growing your career with us is a marathon, not a sprint. We know what we want from our software engineering team and are careful not to spread our team members too thin.
#2: Growth Is The Only Constant
We care about investing in the latest tech tools to help us become more efficient & productive at our work, so we can focus on higher value activities instead of pencil-pushing tasks.
We care about applying latest engineering practices and how we can help our software engineers sharpen their engineering & communication skills. Investing in your growth is just as important as that of the company’s.
#3: Set The Culture & Grow YOUR Team
We’ll work together with you to create a developmental culture that appreciates great work, sustainable and one that you can be truly proud of. You’ll join us at a pivotal movement where we scale rapidly & this means more opportunities when you embark on this journey with us.
Who Is Our Ideal Candidate?
- Minimum 1 to 3 years working experience as a software engineer
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar discipline
- Proficient in mobile development using React Native, Expo Framework or equivalent related technologies
- Willing to use Git for code collaborative management
- Possesses strong independent problem-solving and learning skills.
- Believes in good programming habits & pursue writing elegant code (… you should also be familiar with common design patterns and agile development processes)
- Excellent command of English Language (written & spoken)
Here’re Other Perks That You Can Look Forward To:
We’re committed to making The Pique Lab an amazing place to work, so we go to great lengths to give you what you need to succeed.
- Market-competitive Salary
- Annual Salary Reviews
- Performance Bonus
- Full-time Remote Work (you no longer have to stress over traffic, work anywhere you like!)
- Technology & Work-from-Home Benefits: 13” MacBook Pro computer, 27” External Display & Peripherals
- Generous Paid Leave Package: Vacation + Medical + Bereavement + Calamity
- Electricity & Internet Allowance
- Work from Home Care Packages
- Career Growth Opportunities
- Mentorship, Training & Regular Feedback
- Company Socials
- Mentorship & Regular Feedback
Here’s How The Hiring Process Looks Like: * A simple profile match by our team where we will assess your application against the role.
- A technical examination (1 hour) where you can demonstrate your test writing prowess and we can understand your thought process.
Everything will be conducted online and you’ll know the outcome within a week.
Thank you & we’ll see you on the inside!