- JOB PURPOSE
Verifies conformance of products to quality requirements.
- NATURE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
The job holder carries out all routine QC/QA testing during shift and assists QA Chemist on product quality assessment and special analysis. He/she provides appropriate grade classification and identification to finished products.
- PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Performs sampling, testing and analysis of routine and assigned non-routine samples and reports results immediately to concerned department; prioritizes tests depending on urgency of need
- Determines grade classification of finished products and RPCOM and quarantines finished products as necessary, based on established guidelines
- Conducts minor calibration and validation of quality instruments and equipment
- Reports promptly any safety, quality, health and environment-related concerns to senior laboratory management & notifies concerned functional groups
- Ensures that appropriate safety, health and environment practices are implemented and observed throughout the company to meet statutory and corporate standards.
- SPECIAL FEATURES
The jobholder gets samples and checks quality of bulk raw materials (H2 and N2, NaOH, HCl, fuel oils) prior to acceptance. He/she assists the Chemist in sampling and testing of bulk olefin deliveries and tests. Performs other tasks as may be assigned by his/her superior.
- BS Chemistry or BS Chemical Engineering graduate preferably with Laboratory experience in an industrial company.
- Computer Literate
- Must have good interpersonal relation skills,
- Good analytical skills and attentive to details
- Effective communication skills