Roles and Responsibilities
· Conducts basic research, test and experiments using chemical theories, materials behavior and analysis techniques to develop new or improve / existing products, process and technology with the end view of enhancing the company’s capability to cope with changing industry trend and competitiveness.
· Provides assistance in the updating of procedures, process, product specifications data sheets and other document pertaining to the products as assigned.
· Ensures the effective execution of the Environmental Management System
Duties, Responsibilities and Authority
· Responsible in the development of Construction products that will suit the requirements of a specific client using new, existing or modified process or materials.
· Conducts laboratory testing and experiment on existing or proposed products / materials in order determine:
a. Suitability of proposed substitute materials and / or process for existing products.
b. Suitability of existing and/ or proposed products for varying uses
c. Characteristics/specifications of materials, particularly incoming materials, for new improved products.
· Assists in establishments of specifications for any new or improved product approved for production based on experimental results. The specifications should include materials formulation, process flow and other relevant instruction.
· Prepare products samples and conducts test runs to determine the new improve product adaptability to required specifications. Coordinates closely with Production and Quality Control personnel involved to determine potential problems that may arise. Makes the necessary adjustments/revisions needed to achieve desired results.
· Keeps abreast with current development and practices in the industry so that the best technology can be evaluated and incorporated into the company’s existing operation.
· Generates / consolidates reports on evaluation and studies conducted and ensures comprehensive documentation of such in order to provide adequate data to support ones recommendations and disposition.
· Implements the Quality Management System for the Development Process
· Performs other duties/works, which may be assigned & as required by the Company.
TECHNICAL SERVICE ENGINEER
· The Technical Service Engineer will be responsible for technical and on-field support of the following PPro Categories:
o PPro TSE : Elasto, Adhesives, Sealants, and Concrete Repair Categories
: Waterproofing, Special Formulations, Tile Adhesive, and Flooring Categories
· He/She will also coordinate and work with both Specifiers and CTRs in terms of promoting categories under him/her, and will help monitor their activities to maximize their effectiveness in helping create product demand.
· Reports directly to R&D / Technical Manager, and indirectly and functionally to PPro GPM, Adhesive, Coating and IMG managers on key milestones and critical technical and specification initiatives.
· Work with customer, sales and marketing personnel to develop and replicate high impact applications for PPro Categories being handled.
· Provide theoretical and hands-on product training to both internal and external customers
· Identify the best Pioneer Pro solution/product for an application by thoroughly understanding the customer need, testing and analyzing results. Communicate results to customers through written reports and presentations.
· Provide launch support for new product programs by generating supporting documentation, demonstration tools, videos and training materials.
· Works with GPM, PM, APM, NPD Manager to help develop new product launch plans that realize projected market opportunity.
· Create Product application system
· Create new Technical service forms and reports as standard.
· Consistent supply ready available applied samples
· Improvement of Technical Data and Complete Application Method for all products of PAI.
· Trouble shooting
· Training technical person in charge of Epoxy / coating / IMG
Qualifications and Education Requirements
University degree in Chemical Engineering & Chemistry or equivalent is required – A Master in Chemistry , Polymer and or any other further qualification related to R&D is appreciated
Minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in formulating adhesive & Coatings & sealants based on various polymer
· A previous experience in innovation is highly appreciated
Advance Paint technology Course
Regulatory & Statutory Requirement
Ø Good knowledge of technical applications of adhesive & coating & sealant its manufacturing implication, methods and requirements.
Ø Good knowledge of mechanics of materials and material properties
Ø Extensive knowledge in test procedures & methods for adhesive & coating & sealants.
Ø Computer Literate
Ø Good knowledge in color development
Ø Product application
Ø Good Communication and Presentation Skills