Executive recruitment company Monroe Consulting Group Philippines is recruiting on behalf of a leading AI and big data company providing digital transformation, fraud prevention and process automation services in Asia. Our respected client is seeking an Information Technology (IT) professional for the job of Senior Manager – Software Engineering. The job is currently remote work in the Philippines.
The Senior Manager for Software Engineering is responsible for building solutions and evolving the Engineering Practices for all engineers at Digital Bank, making it easier to use the cloud, improving the productivity of engineers, and bringing observability & reliability to application.
The successful candidate is someone who loves writing elegant, high-quality code that solves problems for engineers across various squads. The Senior Manager will also be communicating with the C-level senior management.
Key job responsibilities:
- Contribute in writing great quality, scalable, maintainable code
- Bring in-depth knowledge of design patterns, architecture & cloud infrastructure to the team and drive engineering quality
- Work with multiple teams to solve complex technological problems, bring insights and drive engineering strategy
- Mentor and strengthen the engineering team (4-6 squads) by improving the ability to deliver great quality of work (both functional and non-functional) and keep the high bar of craft
- Continuously improve code quality, product execution, and customer delight
Key job requirements:
- At least 10 years of hands-on experience in building scalable engineering solutions
- Minimum 4 years of experience in mentoring a large team of teams
- Should have worked on production-grade distributed systems and microservices architecture, RESTful services, and CI/CD
- Must have knowledge of container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), Monitoring, Logging, and Alert setup in a production environment
- Hands-on experience with at least 2 of the following (NodeJS, Java, Kotlin, Python) and excited to learn new languages/technologies
- Good understanding of distributed system fundamentals and ability to troubleshoot issues in an event-driven system setup
- Experienced with Agile teams and familiar with XP practices
- Excellent understanding of interactive application development paradigm, memory management, performance/resource optimizations, database interactions, fault tolerance, monitoring, security, and operability of systems
- Prior experience with GCP, AWS, Azure, etc. is a plus.
- Previous exposure to financial services domain and security needs are nice to have