Duty 1: Content Writing and Technical Writing
• Conducts interviews, gathers and organizes information necessary for creating or developing news articles for newsletters, bulletins and other marketing materials
• Creates / edits major article write-up for sales and marketing collateral
• Creates content for marketing campaigns and collaterals (e.g. storyboards, scripts, print materials, web content)
Duty 2: Creative Development
• Creates new marketing communication materials from customer specification/requirements to effectively represent the products, services, brands and/or organization to customers and prospects using the knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts using computer based design software
• Performs basic graphics design (e.g. graphic enhancement, layout)
• Creates simple designs/templates for digital assets such as (emails, web, and social media) used in different media platforms
• Provides creative direction (Pre to Post Production) to the design team in execution of the project
Duty 3: Project Support
• Attends scope reviews to learn what the project request is all about. Assists project owner in gathering, analyzing and clarifying customer requirements; uses technical knowledge to gauge complexity of the request.
• Recommends and negotiates solution and development timeline to the stakeholders; gets their buy-in and commitment to any deliverable.
• Reduces complexity by breaking down large modules to smaller deliverables ready to be assigned to campaign resources.
• Creates process maps, user journey maps or application/database design using standard project templates.
• Understands the high level view of the campaign and can identify dependencies or conflicts during the early stages of the project.
• Creates an overall plan for the project (ex: quad charts, project charter).
• Analyze marcom campaigns circumstances base on impact assessment.
• Follows set campaign standards and design guidelines of the team.
• Reports own progress back to project tracker.
• Troubleshoots and optimizes campaign assets and resolves issues.
Duty 4: Metrics, Reporting and Analytics
• Communicates with resource person to get input/raw data needed for report generation. Extracts/generates quantitative information from a single or multiple tools. Communicates with resource person to get input/raw data needed for report generation.
Digital Marketing Analytics
• Conducts research and analysis of market trends (industry, competitor, B2B etc.). Researches and identifies other reliable sources of information (internal and external to Emerson) that can be used for conducting analyses.
Report Scoping and Planning
• Creates and tests dynamic reports based on the designed format.
• Creates histograms, charts, summaries as necessary to aid in easy interpretation and better provide decision support to the Integrated Marketing team.
• Performs data validation to achieve data consistency. Provides status updates on report development, raise issues encountered and adjust timeline as appropriate.
• Provides own work estimates and can negotiate turnaround time within the team.
Report Generation, Analysis and Maintenance
• Gathers and collates data from different sources based on approved requirements (Established Simple Reporting).
• Creates reports based on standard templates. Generate, analyze, create report/dashboard from different sources and submit to requestor.
Duty 5: Training and Development
Training Material Development
• Conducts solutions messaging and content writing training.
• Develops training syllabi, course outlines, lesson plans and content of existing materials (e.g. presentations, evaluation tools, etc.) for content writing training courses for specific audience/scenario.
Duty 6: Continuous Improvement and Innovation
• Escalates specific issues and provides recommendation to customers to address them.
• Works closely with counterparts/POCs to identify loopholes and process gaps.
• Support projects related to quality improvement (such as Think Customer, QMS, etc.) and handles ad hoc tasks to support the objectives of the management
The role exists to provide support to marketing strategies of Emerson Automation Solutions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Communications Arts, Marketing Communications or equivalent
Job Related Experience: 4.5 years of cumulative experience in marketing/marketing communications
• Proficient in copywriting
• Working knowledge on print output and production interface
• Experience in design software products (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, et.al.) and other graphics design applications
• Above average communication skills (oral & written) and excellent telephone skills
• Result and detail oriented
• Experience working with several levels within an organization, from frontline up to senior management
• A team player, with a positive attitude
• Excellent time management and problem solving skills
• Good presentation and training skills and be willing to facilitate in functional training