Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As an SDET with Optum, you will work with Software Architects and Engineers to design, develop, and maintain test automation solutions for effective and efficient test execution. Our application portfolio includes a range of Mobile, Web, and API products built using a mix of leading proprietary and open source technology. You will be responsible for developing and enhancing test automation solutions to keep up with fast paced Agile software development, as well as integrate with code delivery and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines. As an experienced software engineer and test expert, you will also work closely with clients, analysts, engineers and other team members to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Design, development, and implement automated tests in an ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) setting
- Write and execute automated tests using Selenium, Cucumber, and Java
- Deliver test automation solutions in accordance with enterprise standards and within development and operational guidelines
- Mentor and direct other testers in automation and software engineering principles
- Perform reviews of automation and application code and present test results to project teams.
- General QA support when investigating defects, performing client demoes, etc.
- Develop in-depth system and application knowledge to provide higher test quality and coverage.
- Constantly evaluate and enhance the test automation strategy and approach
- Collaborate as part of the scrum team in grooming user stories and development of acceptance criteria for the user stories
- Share and communicate ideas both verbally and in writing to staff, business sponsors, managers, and technical resources in clear concise language that is appropriate to the target audience
- Participate in communities of practice to share knowledge, learn, and innovate
- Research and implement tools that support faster delivery with high quality
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-6 years of hands-on QA Experience. Solid working knowledge of QA concepts and methodologies
- Minimum 1-2 years hands-on experience developing test automation or combination of development in Java and test automation experience using Selenium Webdriver or similar tools
- 1+ experience with automated testing of web and/or mobile applications
- API Testing – JMeter, Postman, SoapUI
- Automation Testing – Selenium, Protractor, Cucumber
- Functional / Manual Testing – Waterfall, Agile
- Build Tools – Maven, Jenkins, TeamCity
- Source Code Management Tool – Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
- IDE's – Eclipse, VS Code
- Strong communication collaboration and influencing skills to drive change
- Strong troubleshooting and reasoning skills; the ability to debug and resolve difficult technical problems
- Amenable to work on a midshift in Alabang, Muntinlupa City
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Acceptance Test Driven development
- Experience working in a CI / CD environment like Jenkins for executing automated tests
- Experience with unit testing and TDD (Test Driven methodologies) using Junit, NUnit or similar tools
- Perform complex testing with JSON/XML API Transactions
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2021 Optum Global Solutions (Philippines) Inc. All rights reserved.
Job Keywords: Software Development Engineer in Test, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, SDET, Quality Engineer, Automation Test Engineer, Software Automation Engineer, Muntinlupa City, Alabang, National Capital Region, NCR