Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we’d like to hear from you.
Working Arrangement Hybrid
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting directly to the Manager of MBPS Strategy and Market Intelligence, the Specialist is responsible for the following:
- Conduct extensive research and analysis to identify competitive and industry trends and insights on a wide range of market issues, such as emerging technologies, alliances and acquisitions, and regulatory risks;
- Updating the industry, country and competitor analysis research reports of the team as well as ad-hoc reports as requested by management, including but not limited to M&A analysis, competitor due diligence, macro trends, new product research reports, and regulation change implications;
- Develop presentations and reports tracking competitor activity, including analyzing competitor earnings, identifying competitive strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for Manulife to enhance its global retirement products and services;
- Conduct investment research and analysis of key competitor platforms and oversee the benchmarking services that support the global Sales & Services Teams;
- Serve as the primary competitive intelligence liaison to the Asia retirement team as well as support the North American retirement teams as needed;
- Responsible for auditing the Competitive Strategy and Benchmarking services inboxes to ensure competitor materials are catalogued on the team’s SharePoint site;
- Work with the Global Retirement Competitive Intelligence & Strategy team to conceptualize standardized market intelligence reporting for industry, markets, competitor, and product analysis, and also to define scoping of databases and/or system requirements to effectively perform analysis;
- Ensures quality standards on both qualitative and quantitative elements of research are being met;
- Build knowledge and expertise on Global Retirement and collaborates with Business Development and Global Retirement Competitive Intelligence & Strategy teams in sharing industry, competitor, strategy and regulatory information and developments to establish quick and up-to-date market intelligence across different countries in Asia, US, and North America;
- Take the lead role in resolving critical issues raised during operations and proactively manage and monitor control efficacy to ensure potential risk is minimized;
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders and liaise with data vendors to effectively provide necessary industry and competitor benchmarking;
- Effectively communicate industry trends and competitor intelligence to senior management through regular roundtable discussions.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in accounting, finance, economics, or any business-related degree)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a competitive/market intelligence or related role
- Deep knowledge in investments, financial services, and the retirement plans industry in the North American and Asia
- Preferred candidate will hold the Chartered Financial Analyst designation (CFA), or is working towards completion of the latter
- Strong analytical skills, research and problem-solving skills
- A keen understanding of the business environment and cultures across Asia-Pacific
- Strong primary intelligence collection skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to be flexible to meet project deadlines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to network and collaborate within Manulife-John Hancock, and outside the organization.
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with, establish relationships with the international business units.
- Ability to comfortably connect with executive leadership
- Exposure to research databases is a definite plus
- Very strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments
Candidates should be willing to report in Diliman, Quezon City
Candidates should be willing to report in a morning shift
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. It is not intended to be a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this role.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including , , , , and . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status, disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process, contact .