In charge of communicating with import vendors, setting up shipment deliveries with clients, maintaining import records, and verifying that all import transactions comply with government regulations. May also have to predict whether import vendors will experience surpluses or shortages of products. Should be well-organized and understand the order fulfillment cycle. Some travel to meet in person with clients may be required.
- Coordinate with clients for shipping documents and proofread them for mistakes
- Organized and prepared data and all necessary documents for timely entry filing
- Managed the import traffic force and monitored all stages of import shipments
- Prepared billing documentation and approved vendor invoices.
- Coordinated transportation of product from country of origin to final destination for both air and ocean
- Maintained customs documentation and clearances
- Coordinated with carriers and governmental agencies to assure punctual release of goods/containers.